[MissoulaGov] 2-19-14

Thompson, Ken Ken.Thompson at mso.umt.edu
Thu Feb 20 11:49:59 CST 2014

My neighbors just all got together, got a bid and paved our block of alleyway since there was so much dust and huge potholes.  To my knowledge, the city doesn't pay for or even subsidize this practice and if they do, I am looking forward to receiving some kind of credit.

I got burned on new sidewalks.  After my block requested an SID for sidewalks and curbs and having that approved and installed, the city then came back 2 years later and said we had to replace more of the sidewalk.  We were not happy and there was no reasoning with anyone at city hall about this.  My advice: wait for the city since they seem to have money in place now, or you too could become tangled in a similar situation.