[MissoulaGov] Russell redesign - and the Death Star

Debby Florence debbyflorence at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 13:43:20 CST 2014

I finally took a second to actually look at this building today when I was
over there, and I want to make a suggestion in regards to retrofitting the
building to make it more pedestrian friendly right there. I want to start
out by admitting I don't know all the details of the Russel street plans,
so take my suggestion with that in mind...

If the costs associated with this end up to be too high, or negotiating a
retrofit seems unlikely, would it be an okay plan B type of idea to
consider hiring a local mural artist to paint  on that side of the
building?  Something  like that lovely mural on Higgins and Broadway, like
a Montana theme, or a theme do with fitness...

This mural could be done in panels that are  approximate placement and size
of large storefront windows, and it could really create a similarly warm
and human-friendly facade.

But please if you all pursue this idea ,  please prioritize commissioning a
local Montana artist.

Thanks!

Debby Florence

Debby