[MissoulaGov] MissoulaGov Digest, Vol 19, Issue 1

Brent Campbell BCampbell at wgmgroup.com
Tue Sep 4 08:02:52 MDT 2007


Missoula receives a regular allocation of CMAQ money for transportation
projects. Transit, Bike, Pedestrian and other projects that improve air
quality are eligible. This money was used for the existing bike lanes
in Missoula and several key trail projects. I believe much of the CMAQ
allocation has been going to the Mountain Line in recent years. CTEP
money is a bone thrown to local communities for community enhancements.


To learn more about how Federal transportation dollars are allocated,
refer to the Statewide Transportation Improvement Plan prepared and
updated by the MDT. Distribution of Missoula's small allocation is
governed by the Missoula Transportation Policy Coordinating Committee.
Urban areas in Montana receive a relatively small allocation of the
total that comes to Montana.
Mike Kadis worked hard on increasing this allocation but the needs still
outweigh the revenue available.


Brent Campbell, P.E.
President / CEO
WGM Group, Inc.
http://www.wgmgroup.com


-----Original Message-----
From: missoulagov-bounces at cmslists.com
[mailto:missoulagov-bounces at cmslists.com] On Behalf Of
missoulagov-request at cmslists.com
Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2007 12:00 PM
To: missoulagov at cmslists.com
Subject: MissoulaGov Digest, Vol 19, Issue 1

Send MissoulaGov mailing list submissions to
missoulagov at cmslists.com

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
http://www.cmslists.com/mailman/listinfo/missoulagov
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
missoulagov-request at cmslists.com

You can reach the person managing the list at
missoulagov-owner at cmslists.com

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than
"Re: Contents of MissoulaGov digest..."


Today's Topics:

1. Re: MissoulaGov Digest, Vol 18, Issue 28 (Alex Taft)
2. Re: MissoulaGov Digest, Vol 18, Issue 28 (d)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 14:13:58 -0600
From: "Alex Taft" <alextaft9 at msn.com>
Subject: Re: [MissoulaGov] MissoulaGov Digest, Vol 18, Issue 28
To: jmcgrath at missoulahousing.org
Cc: BCampbell at wgmgroup.com, missoulagov at cmslists.com
Message-ID: <BAY108-F32E1F9BDF8690E817220D3EBCE0 at phx.gbl>
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed

You're right, Jim. Most larger projects have some bike/ped element.

Alex

Alex Taft
439 Connell Ave.
Missoula, MT 59801
406-218-8438




----Original Message Follows----
From: "Jim McGrath" <jmcgrath at missoulahousing.org>
To: "Alex Taft"
<alextaft9 at msn.com>,<BCampbell at wgmgroup.com>,<missoulagov at cmslists.com>
Subject: RE: [MissoulaGov] MissoulaGov Digest, Vol 18, Issue 28
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 08:20:37 -0600

Alex,
Would bike improvements that are included in other projects not show in
your search? My understanding is that most major improvements fold in
bike, ped and landscaping as part of the deal. Hope that hasn't changed.

-----Original Message-----
From: missoulagov-bounces at cmslists.com
[mailto:missoulagov-bounces at cmslists.com] On Behalf Of Alex Taft
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2007 7:54 AM
To: BCampbell at wgmgroup.com; missoulagov at cmslists.com
Subject: Re: [MissoulaGov] MissoulaGov Digest, Vol 18, Issue 28


Unfortunately there is little funding planned over the next five years
for bicycle/pedestrian improvements by the city, county or state in the
Missoula Transportation Improvement Program (TIP), aside from about
$35,000 per year for Phil's bike/ped program and some improvements
associated with large projects. Search for the word "bicycle" in the
TIP document on the OPG Transportation web page and see for yourself:

ftp://co.missoula.mt.us/opg2/Transportation/MPO/Documents/TIP/FY%202008%
20TIP%20July%2016.pdf



Alex

Alex Taft
439 Connell Ave.
Missoula, MT 59801
406-218-8438




----Original Message Follows----
From: "Brent Campbell" <BCampbell at wgmgroup.com>
To: <missoulagov at cmslists.com>
Subject: Re: [MissoulaGov] MissoulaGov Digest, Vol 18, Issue 28
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 09:30:29 -0600

We believe we could get a bike lane on one side of good portions of
those street without endangering parking on those streets.


Brent Campbell, P.E.
President / CEO
WGM Group, Inc.
http://www.wgmgroup.com


-----Original Message-----
From: missoulagov-bounces at cmslists.com
[mailto:missoulagov-bounces at cmslists.com] On Behalf Of
missoulagov-request at cmslists.com
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2007 8:20 AM
To: missoulagov at cmslists.com
Subject: MissoulaGov Digest, Vol 18, Issue 28

Send MissoulaGov mailing list submissions to
missoulagov at cmslists.com

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
http://www.cmslists.com/mailman/listinfo/missoulagov
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
missoulagov-request at cmslists.com

You can reach the person managing the list at
missoulagov-owner at cmslists.com

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than
"Re: Contents of MissoulaGov digest..."


Today's Topics:

1. Re: Bicycle lanes (Paul Sopko)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 17:35:36 -0600
From: "Paul Sopko" <psopko at peoplepc.com>
Subject: Re: [MissoulaGov] Bicycle lanes
To: "Russ Fletcher" <russ at matr.net>, <missoulagov at cmslists.com>
Message-ID: <005001c7ea95$6d057790$881a07a6 at ds.fs.fed.us>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

What's going to happen to the on street parking on 5th & 6th? This is
crucial to many of the residents of these streets since they compete
with UM and Hellgate High for these parking spots.
----- Original Message -----
From: Russ Fletcher
To: missoulagov at cmslists.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 10:39 AM
Subject: Re: [MissoulaGov] Bicycle lanes


Hopefully I'm just missing something but while I totally agree that
there needs to be a bike lane on 6th St. E to Arthur, there also needs
to be one on E 5th as both are one way streets. I can't tell you how
many times I've seen people riding the wrong way on both streets. Even
riding the right way can be a challenge.... If we want to encourage
University students and locals to ride, they need a safe route over
these two major roads.
Russ


Jim McGrath wrote:
This map indicates there is an EXISTING bike lane on Russell from
14th to Broadway. Really?




------------------------------------------------------------------------
----

From: missoulagov-bounces at cmslists.com
[mailto:missoulagov-bounces at cmslists.com] On Behalf Of Kristin Smith
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 8:27 AM
To: missoulagov at cmslists.com
Subject: [MissoulaGov] Bicycle lanes



Greetings,



We have a lot of folks in our office who bike to work from all
parts of the valley. We have brainstormed on where Missoula's bicycle
network could be expanded and have prepared a map for discussion
purposes. If you're interested, you may view it at:
http://www.wgmgroup.com/Bicycle_Network_11x17.pdf. Since the
Transportation Plan is up for revisions, this is a good time for the
community to think about where new bike routes could be added.



Best,

WGM Group



Kristin Smith
Land Use Planner



P.O. Box 16027 . 3021 Palmer Street
Missoula . Montana . 59808
E-mail:KSmith at wgmgroup.com
406-728-4611 x 215 . FAX: 406-728-2476

http://www.wgmgroup.com



------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
_______________________________________________
Subscribe at Missoulagov.org
List Serve hosting provided by www.CedarMountainSoftware.com.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
------


_______________________________________________
Subscribe at Missoulagov.org
List Serve hosting provided by www.CedarMountainSoftware.com.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
http://www.cmslists.com/pipermail/missoulagov/attachments/20070829/6985b
7d3/attachment.html
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 31239 bytes
Desc: not available
Url :
http://www.cmslists.com/pipermail/missoulagov/attachments/20070829/6985b
7d3/attachment.jpeg

------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Subscribe at Missoulagov.org
List Serve hosting provided by Cedar Mountain Software (406) 549-0766.

End of MissoulaGov Digest, Vol 18, Issue 28
*******************************************
_______________________________________________
Subscribe at Missoulagov.org
List Serve hosting provided by www.CedarMountainSoftware.com.


_______________________________________________
Subscribe at Missoulagov.org
List Serve hosting provided by www.CedarMountainSoftware.com.




------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 21:12:24 -0600
From: d <jhwygirl at hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MissoulaGov] MissoulaGov Digest, Vol 18, Issue 28
To: Alex Taft <alextaft9 at msn.com>, <bcampbell at wgmgroup.com>,
<missoulagov at cmslists.com>
Message-ID: <BAY135-W290134A21083DE899D0B44D3CF0 at phx.gbl>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"


Is the city/county not applying for grants? The feds have a federal
grant program - and Baucus should be helping out on this? How could a
city of this size not be getting any grant money, whether it was the fed
or private?

Does anyone know?


> From: alextaft9 at msn.com

> To: BCampbell at wgmgroup.com; missoulagov at cmslists.com

> Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 07:54:15 -0600

> Subject: Re: [MissoulaGov] MissoulaGov Digest, Vol 18, Issue 28

>

>

> Unfortunately there is little funding planned over the next five years



> for bicycle/pedestrian improvements by the city, county or state in

> the Missoula Transportation Improvement Program (TIP), aside from

> about $35,000 per year for Phil's bike/ped program and some

> improvements associated with large projects. Search for the word

> "bicycle" in the TIP document on the OPG Transportation web page and

see for yourself:

>

> ftp://co.missoula.mt.us/opg2/Transportation/MPO/Documents/TIP/FY%20200

> 8%20TIP%20July%2016.pdf

>

>

>

> Alex

>

> Alex Taft

> 439 Connell Ave.

> Missoula, MT 59801

> 406-218-8438

>

>

>

>

> ----Original Message Follows----

> From: "Brent Campbell" <BCampbell at wgmgroup.com>

> To: <missoulagov at cmslists.com>

> Subject: Re: [MissoulaGov] MissoulaGov Digest, Vol 18, Issue 28

> Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 09:30:29 -0600

>

> We believe we could get a bike lane on one side of good portions of

> those street without endangering parking on those streets.

>

>

> Brent Campbell, P.E.

> President / CEO

> WGM Group, Inc.

> http://www.wgmgroup.com

>

>

> -----Original Message-----

> From: missoulagov-bounces at cmslists.com

> [mailto:missoulagov-bounces at cmslists.com] On Behalf Of

> missoulagov-request at cmslists.com

> Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2007 8:20 AM

> To: missoulagov at cmslists.com

> Subject: MissoulaGov Digest, Vol 18, Issue 28

>

> Send MissoulaGov mailing list submissions to

> missoulagov at cmslists.com

>

> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit

> http://www.cmslists.com/mailman/listinfo/missoulagov

> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to

> missoulagov-request at cmslists.com

>

> You can reach the person managing the list at

> missoulagov-owner at cmslists.com

>

> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific

> than

> "Re: Contents of MissoulaGov digest..."

>

>

> Today's Topics:

>

> 1. Re: Bicycle lanes (Paul Sopko)

>

>

> ----------------------------------------------------------------------

>

> Message: 1

> Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 17:35:36 -0600

> From: "Paul Sopko" <psopko at peoplepc.com>

> Subject: Re: [MissoulaGov] Bicycle lanes

> To: "Russ Fletcher" <russ at matr.net>, <missoulagov at cmslists.com>

> Message-ID: <005001c7ea95$6d057790$881a07a6 at ds.fs.fed.us>

> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

>

> What's going to happen to the on street parking on 5th & 6th? This is

> crucial to many of the residents of these streets since they compete

> with UM and Hellgate High for these parking spots.

> ----- Original Message -----

> From: Russ Fletcher

> To: missoulagov at cmslists.com

> Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 10:39 AM

> Subject: Re: [MissoulaGov] Bicycle lanes

>

>

> Hopefully I'm just missing something but while I totally agree that



> there needs to be a bike lane on 6th St. E to Arthur, there also needs



> to be one on E 5th as both are one way streets. I can't tell you how

> many times I've seen people riding the wrong way on both streets.

Even

> riding the right way can be a challenge.... If we want to encourage

> University students and locals to ride, they need a safe route over

> these two major roads.

> Russ

>

>

> Jim McGrath wrote:

> This map indicates there is an EXISTING bike lane on Russell from



> 14th to Broadway. Really?

>

>

>

>

> ----------------------------------------------------------------------

> --

> ----

>

> From: missoulagov-bounces at cmslists.com

> [mailto:missoulagov-bounces at cmslists.com] On Behalf Of Kristin Smith

> Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 8:27 AM

> To: missoulagov at cmslists.com

> Subject: [MissoulaGov] Bicycle lanes

>

>

>

> Greetings,

>

>

>

> We have a lot of folks in our office who bike to work from all

> parts of the valley. We have brainstormed on where Missoula's bicycle



> network could be expanded and have prepared a map for discussion

> purposes. If you're interested, you may view it at:

> http://www.wgmgroup.com/Bicycle_Network_11x17.pdf. Since the

> Transportation Plan is up for revisions, this is a good time for the

> community to think about where new bike routes could be added.

>

>

>

> Best,

>

> WGM Group

>

>

>

> Kristin Smith

> Land Use Planner

>

>

>

> P.O. Box 16027 . 3021 Palmer Street

> Missoula . Montana . 59808

> E-mail:KSmith at wgmgroup.com

> 406-728-4611 x 215 . FAX: 406-728-2476

>

> http://www.wgmgroup.com

>

>

>

> ----------------------------------------------------------------------

> --

> ----

> _______________________________________________

> Subscribe at Missoulagov.org

> List Serve hosting provided by www.CedarMountainSoftware.com.

>

> ----------------------------------------------------------------------

> --

> ------

>

>

> _______________________________________________

> Subscribe at Missoulagov.org

> List Serve hosting provided by www.CedarMountainSoftware.com.

> -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was

> scrubbed...

> URL:

> http://www.cmslists.com/pipermail/missoulagov/attachments/20070829/698

> 5b

> 7d3/attachment.html

> -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was

> scrubbed...

> Name: not available

> Type: image/jpeg

> Size: 31239 bytes

> Desc: not available

> Url :

> http://www.cmslists.com/pipermail/missoulagov/attachments/20070829/698

> 5b

> 7d3/attachment.jpeg

>

> ------------------------------

>

> _______________________________________________

> Subscribe at Missoulagov.org

> List Serve hosting provided by Cedar Mountain Software (406) 549-0766.

>

> End of MissoulaGov Digest, Vol 18, Issue 28

> *******************************************

> _______________________________________________

> Subscribe at Missoulagov.org

> List Serve hosting provided by www.CedarMountainSoftware.com.

>

>

> _______________________________________________

> Subscribe at Missoulagov.org

> List Serve hosting provided by www.CedarMountainSoftware.com.


_________________________________________________________________
Discover the new Windows Vista
http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=windows+vista&mkt=en-US&form=QBRE
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
http://www.cmslists.com/pipermail/missoulagov/attachments/20070831/942d0
789/attachment.html

------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Subscribe at Missoulagov.org
List Serve hosting provided by Cedar Mountain Software (406) 549-0766.

End of MissoulaGov Digest, Vol 19, Issue 1
******************************************



More information about the MissoulaGov mailing list