[MissoulaGov] committee update 12-12-07

Jim McGrath jmcgrath at missoulahousing.org
Thu Dec 13 14:45:37 MST 2007

That would be an analysis of the class forces influencing political
decisions in planning. The zoning rewrite might be a thing you analyze
after the fact to see how the politic economy shaped it. The zoning
rewrite itself would not be that analysis.
I am being --as Stacy Rye would say-- academic.

Factoid: for the previous transportation plan (over a decade ago) the
planners did a thorough analysis of what they called TAZ (transportation
something zones) which were very small pieces of Missoula, breaking down
number of units, kind (commercial, multifamily, single family) and
income etc. to predict transportation demand. I noticed that as the
elevation 200 feet above the valley (i.e. hillside developments) the
median income jumped $10,000. it also happens to be above the inversion

It's the kind of analysis you do after an election to see who approved
the living wage and who opposed or who supported open space bond and who
didn't etc.