[MissoulaGov] Bike Lanes

Bob Oaks nmcdc at montana.com
Wed Aug 29 12:17:13 MDT 2007

Hello All,

I appreciate the excellent proposed suggestions for the trail system and WGM's map. I'd also like to point out the proposed bike trails that remain part of the Northside Westside Plan. See: ftp://www.co.missoula.mt.us/opg2/Documents/LRCity/NSWS/Chapter4B.pdf That document includes a map, as well.

It proposes a trail just south of the Interstate between Northside Park and Scott Street and a trail next to the Bitterroot Spur from the pedestrian overpass of the mainline tracks to Broadway and then across to McCormick Park on an add-on augmentation to the existing Rail Road bridge. In recognition of this plan-proposed Bitterroot Trail extension, the new Safeway redevelopment will be required to include a one-block section of trail between the new store and the tracks.

The recently concluded Broadway Corridor Charette Plan should also make reference to this long-desired bridge crossing of the Clark Fork at the Bitterroot Spur ROW. I think these Northside trail suggestions may go way back to the first Nonmotorized Transportation Plan that Mary Jean Gillman (Feet First) worked with more than ten years ago.

To me, they still make great sense.

Bob Oaks