[MissoulaGov] LGSC

David Strohmaier dstrohmaier at msn.com
Tue Oct 31 14:00:24 MST 2006

Stacy brings up an excellent point on the representation front, which seems to have gotten lost in all of the rhetoric about whether 12 council members constitutes greater representation. As it now stands, two council members per ward each represent the exact same number of folks. I don't say, "Heidi, you take everything above Lolo Street and I'll take everything below." We respond to constituents throughout the ward. Granted, with two reps per ward, there is potentially a greater chance of finding one of them to champion your particular cause or reflect your political predilections, but that's not necessarily the case. There may be other reasons to prefer to keep 12 council members with two per ward, but the greater representation argument is not among them.

Dave

Dave Strohmaier, Ward 1